In preparation for the next crafts fair on December 6 at Oaks, PA we have been busy making all kinds of paper items. They will shortly appear in our Etsy shop, but to see them for yourself, come and see us!
Amongst this weekend’s crop of paper goods are:
Caroline has been bust making red, green and white origami stars. These were incredibly popular at the fair in Warrington, PA, so we needed to replenish our supplies!
Paint Chip Journals
After we’d finished planning for a paint project, we had a lot of paint cards left over. Hating to throw out paper of any kind, we decided to turn them into little journals with chipboard back covers. Each will be packaged with a small pen ready to give as a gift or stocking stuffer.
There are even a few tiny 2″ square journals with shiny covers for keeping in your purse or pocket to make tiny notes!
Watercolour Flower Cards
Last, but not least, we needed to replenish the watercolour greeting cards. I had some cards with a small window in them, so decided to create some tiny floral designs.
Hello! As you can tell from the noticeable absence of blog posts, we’ve been a little busy behind the scenes at CGC HQ! Here’s what we’ve been up to:
LEAVES and SNOW! It’s very much autumn here in Pennsylvania, and for me that means lots and lots of leaves. Today was leaf pickup day (don’t you just love suburbia?) and 70 ice-topped mega bags of leaves were whisked away this morning. Thankfully the trees have mostly finished molting just in time for the snow to start. Not surprisingly picking up leaves has been a major time suck!
CRAFT FAIRS! We did craft fairs on two back-to-back Saturdays which was exhausting. The first one was disappointing and we didn’t do very well. Not surprising for a cold rainy day. The second one was amazing and we can’t wait to go back again next year! In between we changed our entire setup and display and it made a huge difference in sales. We changed our packaging and started selling origami paper stars which were a huge success.
INTERVIEW! We had a fantastic interview with Terri Belford of Inspired Livelihood on the 25th, and you can listen to it here! It was really great to chat with someone in the business and we both took away a lot from chatting with Terri.
That’s about it! Our shops have also been missing out on our attention, so we are using this “downtime” between craft fairs to make a bunch of stuff with paper, tweak a few things bahind the scenes and get our shops in fighting shape for Black Friday/Cyber Monday. We will be having a BF/CM sale so check back here or on social media (facebook, twitter, instagram) for the code!
See you next week!
Hello! Another busy week down. Only one more week until our first Christmas craft fair! There’s more information and directions to the event at the bottom of the post.
- We’ve both been focusing on getting ourselves ready for the Christmas rush. I’ve been getting the etsy shops ready by tweeking the SEO and updating some of the pictures. It’s fascinating to see how far we have come in the last year! I’m even making changes to listings I created in the summer – each time I learn something new I try and upgrade the listings as soon as I can. Gillian has been working on a new type of art for various paper based goodies… but you’ll have to check back tomorrow for the sneak peek to see pictures!
- I’ve also been making more boxes. We have 5 different sizes and there are more Christmas ones in the mix. Here’s most of the boxes:
I promise that they will be part of a much prettier display on Saturday! The box from the photo last week is 1/3 full again, too!
- I went into center city Philly on Sunday to hang out with some college friends. I had a great time but it left me wondering, how many lip products do I need?!
All of these were in my purse on Saturday night. Has this ever happened to you? Maybe I just need to clean out my purse more often!
- C & G Supplies now has all of our halloween and Christmas craft supplies up!
- Virtual Designer is also up and running! All of our services are available and a series of “how-to” guides for both websites and Etsy shops will be going up soon.
- It was a frustrating week at times, so the wire wrapped rings are not up yet. Part of this is because I forgot to bring my scissors with me on the train to Philly. I was going to use that time to make a few example rings. It was nice, though, because it gave me a good excuse to chat to other people and play some games on my phone.
- And finally, we had our first interview as business owners today! We had a lovely chat with Terri Belford (you can check out one of her websites here) which will be going up soon. We’ll link to it once it’s up! We talked about how we started CGC and the evolution of both the business and our mother-daughter relationship. This was so much fun but a exhausting for a pair of introverts!
Don’t forget: next Saturday from 9am to 2pm we will be selling the sample dresses seen in the photos in Party and Peasant Dresses, the cardigans and sweaters in Knitted and Purled, baby gifts from Cracking Good Crafts, as well as a bunch paper goods both from Leaves of Paper as well as craft fair exclusives! If you live near Pottstown, PA we would love to see you!
Click here for directions and here for more information about the venue. Hope to see you there!
See you next week!
Hello! What a week! Gillian is back from her exciting trip to England! I decided to put down the apples for a week, so we’ll have to just get to the photos of what has happened in the CGC Empire this week:
- Virtual Designer is now OPEN! We have 4 products for Etsy shop owners in there for now, with 15 more planned to go up in the next 2 weeks. We’re very excited about this because it’s a new avenue for us. It’s not just for Etsy shop owners, though. The soon-to-be-added products are applicable to anyone who runs a small (or tiny) business or who has a social media account!
- Speaking of shops opening, Knitted and Purled is now open too! It has baby sweaters and cardigans for now with boot cuffs, scarves and ear warmers all coming soon.
- So apart from opening shops, I’ve also been hinting about an in-person only item on Instagram:
After the first day…
After the second day…
Hmm, that’s a bit deceiving, let’s try a different angle!
That’s better! That’s less than a week’s worth of gift boxes. I’m trying to get 125 done by Wednesday evening. I don’t know how many there are, but there’s at least 40 in all sizes from tiny ones for jewelry to big ones for baby gifts and journals. These will only be available at our craft fairs until after December 6th! As an added bonus, we will have tissue paper and ribbon at the fairs to turn the gift boxes into ready to package gift wrap.
It’s a wire-wrapped rose gold ring that I fell in love with and have worn A LOT since I made it! More about that tomorrow….
See you next week!