Thankfully, spring is just around the corner! (credit)
February was a rough month for us. Even though we knew going into it that there would be a lot of change, we were hit with many unexpected obstacles and February took its toll on both of us! Here’s a quick roundup of what went down in February:
- Gillian changed jobs! She shuffled her time and responsibilities around and is now a full-time freelancer with many hats. This was a pre-planned transition for her, but has still made things stressful as her time has become stretched thin. We are both looking forward to her getting settled into her new routine so that her creative juices can be replenished.
- Caroline was sick! There has been a nasty bug going around, and I managed to catch it twice. It wiped me out for over 3 weeks. Not cool.
- Etsy went public! Major changes on our selling platform caused a lot of chaos behind the scenes. One major change was that Etsy completely changed the way that items are categorized, meaning that I had to manually change each of our listings (over 100 just in Leaves of Paper!). It has taken me about 2 weeks, but I’ve just finished. I think that they may have changed the search algorithm too. Lots of SEO to be changed as well.
- We signed up for our first craft fair of 2015!
- New things up in Leaves of Paper! Lots of new cards and origami stars have gone up in Leaves of Paper over the last month, including special St. Patrick’s Day greeting cards.
And here’s what we’re looking forward to in March:
- Craft Fair! It’s this Saturday (March 7th) in Warrington, PA, and we are really excited to be bringing a bunch of things with us: dresses (ages newborn to 8 years), tutus (ages newborn to 5 years), knitted cardigans and sweaters (baby and toddler), as well as all of Leaves of Paper (including many things not yet on Etsy!). We are both really looking forward to this fair! For more information, including hours and directions, please go here.
- Easter and Mother’s Day Cards! Gillian has made some adorable cards, and they will be going up in Leaves of Paper as soon as I get enough sunlight to take photos!
- Paper craft kits! We will be trying out between 2 and 5 different kinds of paper craft kits at the fair on Saturday. If they do well, they will be going up on Leaves of Paper very soon! Check our instagram account for photos!
- Re-opening C&G Supplies! Because of time and energy constraints I had to put most of our shops on vacation temporarily. As Leaves of Paper gets back under control, I’ll be getting some of our supplies ready to go up in C&G Supplies.
- How-to guides for sellers! I’m editing some ebooks that will be going up in Virtual Designer be the middle of the month. They will be for both new sellers who want to open a shop as well as for sellers who want a boost in sales.
I’d like to take a moment here to introduce our third member of staff, Marge. Her main roles are getting underfoot while humans are carrying heavy things and leaving fur everywhere, making it impossible to find a clean surface. Without us knowing it, she makes sure that at least one piece of fur gets into every item we sell, even if it means rubbing up against the packing tape just before shipping out a package. It really is a talent! This month Marge will be celebrating 2 years post-diagnosis of advanced kidney disease. Anyone who has seen our about page on Etsy has seen how her brother Jasper liked hanging out in the craft room, and after his passing, Marge took over as head fluffer and mascot. Don’t let those white whiskers fool you: she’s old, but tough. And very, very grumpy. At 16 years old, she has earned that right!
That’s it for now! Hope to see you on Saturday!